We can spend a fortune in the health store on vitamins, minerals, organic foods and superfood smoothies to get our bodies in good health, but one of the most important aspects of your health is ensuring you get a good nights sleep.
Getting six to eight hours sleep a night is vital for your health and wellbeing, you want to be able to fall asleep quickly and naturally get the recommended amount of sleep each night.
If you’re one of the MILLIONS of Americans who fails to get enough sleep each night then you know all about this. There are dozens of remedies and ailments suggested for a restful nights sleep. Many people turn to sleeping pills, melatonin, alcohol, warm baths or milk in the hope that it will lead to a high quality sleep. Sometimes they work, but only temporarily, and most simply fail to produce the desired effects.
However, many people are yet to give THIS a go…and when you find our what it is, you will definitely be trying it too.
The tried and true method is known as the “4-7-8” breathing technique. People all over the world swear by it and claim that they’re able to fall asleep faster when they use it.
The simple and easy technique was brought to light by a world renowned expert on holistic health, Dr. Andrew Weil. The “4-7-8” breathing exercise can be done anytime, anywhere, anyplace and is incredibly simple.
Here’s how to do it:
- Place the tip of your tongue against the roof of your mouth. You want it to be right against the area of tissue that’s located just behind your upper front teeth. It should also stay there all throughout this entire exercise.
- Exhale all the way out and completely through your mouth, expelling the air with a whoosh sound.
- Close your mouth and without making any noise inhale through your nose for a count of four.
- Hold your breath for a count of seven seconds
- Exhale completely through your mouth, again making a whoosh sound, for a count of eight seconds
The steps above should have all been one complete breathe cycle with the exhalation part having taken you twice as long as the inhalation portion.
Repeat the process for three more cycles and thus a total of four breaths. Make sure that you exhale at all times through your mouth and some people have found that it can also help if you try pursing your lips ever so slightly. You should try to practice it ideally 2x a day and it also works to relieve tension, stress, upsetting events, and when you’re trying to fall asleep.
Check out the video for more on the benefits of the 4-7-8 breathing technique straight from the expert himself, and see if this simple trick can help you get a better and more restful night’s sleep.
Please Share This Incredible Sleep Technique With Family and Friends